And it’s easier than you might think!
Manufacturers would often have you believe that switching cartridge filter or filter bag suppliers could result in poor service life and filtration performance, or that the change process is too much of an effort for end users. But you can easily switch filters and save money by following simple steps.
Our 5-step procedure will give you the confidence to switch cartridge filter suppliers without deteriorating filtration performance, even if you have never done it before. Simultaneously, you’ll see less expenditure, due to increased filter life, or a reduced unit cost per filter.
Change a filter supplier in 5 easy steps:
- Find the part number for your filter cartridge before contacting a new supplier. The specific product code will be on the box they came in or in a proposal/invoice from the current supplier (the photo shows the product code highlighted). Supplying the part number/code is normally enough for most providers to identify the product you’re using.*
- Jot down as much information as possible about the application and what you expect the filters to achieve (micron rating and current service life). If membrane filters are involved, the supplier will need further information about sterilisation, integrity testing, etc.
- Share all this information with your potential new supplier. They may well have a form to complete on the application.
- To compare like-for-like, ask the new supplier to tell you the expected, clean differential pressure when they quote. The lower the initial clean pressure drop, the longer the service life you can expect, but this needs to be similar to what you achieve currently.
- Finally, for a belt and braces approach, request a signed declaration on the filter performance and a money-back guarantee if filters do not perform as quoted.
Some suppliers actively market against change by highlighting the issues that end users might face. However, thousands of end users have successfully and securely switched, and benefited financially from the competitive situation this has created.
Ultimately, you could stay with the existing supplier but at a better price. However, you will never reach this scenario without a bit of competition.
If you'd like a no-obligation quote, where we guarantee to save you up to 15% off your current filtration spend, or you'd just like some advice on how you could cut your filtration costs, then give us a call or send us an email, we'd be happy to help.
*Take a photo of your filter and send it to us and we’ll offer you a direct quality alternative, at a cheaper price.
Watch the video HERE
PoreFilterUK – Making your filtration systems work harder